We’re proud that our research contributes to the development of policy and directly influences the strategies, practices and priorities of a range of public and private organisations.
Stimulating sustainable consumption in Scotland
This landmark report presented practical guidance and an evidence-based framework for behaviour change in light of perspectives on social practices.
- Alan Warde is Trustee of the British Sociological Association (BSA).
- Dale Southerton is Chair of the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Environmental Research (Mistra) Evaluation Panel for Research Programmes on Sustainble Consumption.
- Dale Southerton and Frank Geels were expert panellists for the scoping of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Special Report on the impacts of global warming of 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels and related global greenhouse gas emission pathways.
- Frank Geels is also Chair of the Sustainability Transitions Research Network (STRN).
- Jessica Paddock is an advisory board member of the Food Climate Research Network (FCRN).
- Luke Yates is a member of the organising committee of the European Sociological Association (ESA) Research Network on the Sociology of Consumption.
- Sherilyn MacGregor is the Convenor of the European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) Standing Group on Environmental Politics.
- Harald Weiser received the award for ‘Best abstract’ at the Alliance Manchester Business School (AMBS) PhD conference, for his research on mobile phone replacement cycles.
- Joe Blakey was awarded the Royal Geographical Society Planning and Environment Research Group (PERG) award for his master’s thesis.
- Luke Yates was awarded the ‘Best article’ prize for 2016 in the Social Movements journal.
- Nichola Hutson was awarded ‘Best PhD paper’ at the 12th Corporate Responsibility Research Conference (CRRC 2016) for her article on the institutional work of trade associations during attempts to resolve environmental problems.